Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower & Baked Potato Soup

I love to experiment with foods. This recipe I’ve played around with until I’ve come up with the combination that I really like. That’s not to say I won’t change it up again the next time I make it. That’s what I love about cooking. I find it to be very creative. I encourage you to play around with recipes especially mine. 

Ingredients

Cauliflower – 2 heads
Chicken Broth – 3 cartons
Cooked bacon – 4-5 slices
White Onion – 1 ½ large 
Garlic cloves – 5 or 6 to roast, 3 or 4 to mince
Baked potato – 4-5 depending on size
Cream
Parmesan cheese
Olive Oil
Butter 2-3 tablespoons
Salt & Pepper to taste

Video


Helpful Hints

When roasting your vegetables it might take longer than 45 minutes, just check on them to make sure they have a nice roasted color. Also don’t forget to flip them after 30 minutes. Peel the baked potatoes after they cool off (the peel comes off easier). It's helpful when blending the soup to fill your blender halfway and hold the lid down with a towel. You can garnish the soup with bacon to add a little something extra special as pictured above.

Until next time remember to always have fun in the kitchen.

© Nadine Zawacki 2014

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Na, I haven't watched one of your videos in a while but really enjoyed watching this one. I will need to check out some of your others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the flavor of this soup. Roasting cauliflower really brings out great flavor in that vegetable.

      Delete
  2. Hey Nadine, Fun watching this and feeling like I am back in your kitchen. That looks like a great recipe, I will have to give it a try. Miss you as always <3

    ReplyDelete