Sunday, November 4, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Soup


I bought a fresh pumpkin while out with some friends and wondered what I could make with it. I never made anything with fresh pumpkin before. I decided to try to make pumpkin soup. I looked up some recipes, but since I don’t like to measure when I cook, I just gathered up the most popular ingredients from those recipes. Sounds like fun? It was. This is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy it. 

Ingredients

Pumpkin (roasted with olive oil, salt & pepper)
Roasted garlic cloves - @ 6-8
Fresh garlic cloves – 2
Onions
Chicken stock
Cooked carrots
Cream
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Parmesan cheese (my little addition)

Video




Helpful Hints

Make sure you allow your pumpkin to cool before removing the skin after you roast it. Just use enough chicken stock to cover the pumpkin. If you don’t want to use fresh carrots, then use a can of carrots. If you use canned carrots be sure to rinse the carrots well. 

Use whatever seasonings you like. Experiment.

No matter how you cook it, remember to have fun in the kitchen.

@Nadine Zawacki 2012

1 comment: