Saturday, November 17, 2012

Citrus Chicken with Pears


Sometimes I like to put ingredients together and see what happens. I get an idea from somewhere else and change it to be my own. I was watching Rachel Ray and she made a chicken dish with blood oranges and honey. It looked yummy, but I couldn’t find blood oranges. I’ve been playing with the ingredients and this combination came out yummy. I hope you like it and it gives you ideas to make it your own.

Ingredients

Whole Chicken (skinless & cut up)
Small Onion (minced)
2 Garlic cloves
2 Oranges
1 Lemon
2 Pears (peeled and quartered)
Carrots
¼ cup Water
Butter
Honey
Salt & Pepper

Video



Helpful Hints

Heat oven 350 degrees. If using chicken breasts on the bone, place chicken bone side up. Turn chicken during the last 20 minutes of cooking and add extra honey and a little butter. Check to make sure carrots are fork tender and remember to keep basting dish with the citrus juices. 

Try your own variation of this and make it your own. Remember to have fun in the kitchen.

© Nadine Zawacki 2012

2 comments:

  1. I can almost smell the savory aroma; making my mouth water, Nadine. Great job with your cooking show in your cozy kitchen. <3 Donna

    ReplyDelete

  2. easy dinner recipes Our Best-Ever Dinner Recipes. 60 Recipes to Make in a Roasting Pan. Shakshuka Breakfast Pizza. California Chicken Club Pizza. Five-Cheese Ziti al Forno. The Best Marinara Sauce. Exquisite Mustard Chicken and Stuffing Waffles. Frankfurter and Squash Penne. Sesame Ginger Beef Skewers. To know more about dinner ideas and other type of dinner ideas please visits easy dinner ideas, dinner recipes

    ReplyDelete