Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Split Pea Soup


Whenever I cook a ham, my family knows split pea soup will follow. It’s a great use of the leftover ham bone.  It’s one of my favorite soups and so easy to make.

Ingredients

Split peas
Onions
Garlic cloves
Salt & pepper
Ham bone
Water

Video

Helpful Hints

Add as much or as little onions as you like. I like a lot but you can add much less to the soup. The longer you cook it, the smoother it gets. You can substitute chicken stock for water if you like or try other combinations of seasonings. If you don’t have a crock pot you can always slow cook it on the stove but you’ll need to keep an eye on it and stir often.

Until next time, have fun in the kitchen.

© Nadine Zawacki 2012

1 comment:

  1. That looks so amazing! And it made me miss you terribly - your beautiful face and heart comes through every one of these videos!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete